View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
UtahBelle
Yorkie Talker

Default please help with puppy food!!

When I picked up my Lola at the breeders she told me to keep feeding her what she has been on....Science diet puppy bits. I went and bought a bag of it and then when she went to her first vet appointment they gave me another free bag of it. I thought since the vet gave it to me, it must be the best stuff! Lola has eaten it everyday since and she is 3 1/2 months old. She weighs in at 2 pounds even and her poop has always been solid and normal. Now I have been learning about corn and how it isn't the best thing for dogs and that, I believe, is listed as the first ingredient in her food! There are so many brands out there I just don't know what to do. I really want to give her the best.
She does have a problem with eating poo and I wonder if there is a connection there. I wonder if she does it because she is not getting the right diet. Can anyone please help? I am also nervous to switch her over. I am trying so hard to potty train and I dont want to have to deal with diarrhea!! I know you can slowly add the new food to the old, but I don't want to upset her tummy.
If I need to switch her food, can I donate the free bag I have to anywhere? Shelters?
Any thoughts on this? Thanks so much!
UtahBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!