View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
virginiagirl
Yorkie Yakker

Default Lost my precious Jag

I am heartbroken this morning. I lost my precious yorkie of 9 years last night. I wanted to briefly tell you guys what happened to see if you have any thoughts on what went wrong. It was a snowy day in Virginia yesterday and my husband and I were both off from work. We had a great day with Jag, walking in the snow and napping together. His energy level was fine as was his appetite. Last night about 8 15 pm he was on the arm of the couch and my husband was petting him. Our cat walked by and my husband called the cats name. Jag turned to look at the cat and then dropped off the arm of the chair. I was on the other end of the couch and didnt see this happen. My husband said he fell straight down only about 3 feet, without even trying to catch himself. He made the loudest thump to only be 3.8 pounds. I immediately ran over to him. My husband and I thought that he had broken his neck. He never made the first yelp when he hit. He never attempted to brace the fall with his legs or anything. We now are beginning to think that maybe he had a heart attack or brain anuerysm. He lived only about 5 minutes after I picked him up. He looked up at me with his soft brown eyes and moved his leg a few times and then with one final breath, he was gone. This is so traumatic as he was fine minutes before, I never saw this coming. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what happened? Our vet seems to think it was something catastrophic with his heart, in that if he had broken his neck and was paralyzed he still would have lived longer than 5 minutes. Im devastated and heartbroken. In a span of a few hours we went from having a great snow day to my best friend of 9 years being gone forever. Any thoughts on this from other yorkie owners would be comforting. I appreciate it!
virginiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!