View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #8
codence
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for all of this information. Yes Macy and Murphy are the same age same litter. Macy has had no problems at all. When Murhpy had tapeworms she didn't show any signs of them, but we're treating her the same as Murphy for anything like that that's contagious. They are on a diet of dried dog food, a combo of puppy Nutro and puppy Royal Canine. Neither have corn ingredients. What's weird is Murphy doesn't seem dehydrated, although with on and off diarreha (at least one of every 4 feces of his come out diarreha), I'm making sure he drinks plenty of water.

I'm now at work with my mom watching my babies. I'll have her check Murphy's gums. What if they're not pink? Does that just mean he's dehydrated? No blood has been found in his poop. And he does have an appetite, thank gosh.

I will inquire about blood work and anything else my vet can recommend. I'm just afraid of what they're going to charge since one test is $52 alone! This vet is good, but unless I'm at my appointment, I'm always talking with the vet assistant. Shouldn't the vet himself give information on what tests my dog should or shouldn't get? Perhaps I'm wrong...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!