View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
AvyQuinn
YT Addict

Default Ok, so what now?

Ok, so I'm not exactally sure where to go from here.

In the last couple weeks Hiro has had some accidents.
I've been letting him run around the house at the request of my husband who thinks he spends too much time in his carrier. Although his time spent in the carrier is much less than what it was, I still don't trust him. Aaaaaaaand for good reason. I have a belly band on him when he has his good boy freedom and he's been really good at not peeing in the house. Well tonight he wet his belly band.

I've had him running around the house - keeping a decent eye on him (but not like a hawk) - for a couple hours in the morning, after puppy supper and in the evening. Otherwise he is in the carrier. I've even been testing him a little by taking him out of his carrier, getting him all riled up and then putting him back into his crate. Usually he will have to pee after such an exciting play session and I usually take him out, but lately I've been seeing if he can hold it. And he does. Just fine; but he's in his carrier. He holds it all night too. 8 full hours. (Sometimes longer if he doesnt wake me.) Usually he will wake me up with his barking and whimpering and whining. Good alarm clock! lol Oh, and he is allowed free run of the kitchen overnight, he's not in his carrier.

Anyway, I guess he has no idea how to tell me he has to go out apparently. I've tried bells but he chews on them and plays with them thereby destroying them. He's not a very vocal pup and wasn't doing anything that might tip me off that he would need to go outside. No scratching on the door or anything. So what should I do? Hints, tips, tricks?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by AvyQuinn; 01-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.
AvyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!