View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Default Low Blood Sugar???

Today, Lucy has not really been herself. She ate her morning meal no problem in the a.m. I was gone all afternoon running errands so my dad was babysitting her today. Apparently, she slept/relaxed all afternoon which isn't usually her personality. I mean, I guess everyone has their "off" days, but she just seemed depressed almost. I took a peek at her gums and to me they looked slightly white, which I've learned from this site that it usually means her blood sugar is low. They weren't white as a ghost, but just not as pink as they usually are. There still was some pink in them though. She's 1yr & 3months and approximately 7lbs. I was going to give her a little bit of Karo, but apparently we're out! I was eating dinner though and had her on my lap and I was about to set her down when she snatched one of my pierogies off of my plate and ate it! (little thief ) Unfortunetely, I have to go to class tonight, but is there anything else that would be ok for her to have to maybe get her sugar up a little bit? I'm honestly not even sure if it's low blood sugar or not. I'm new at this.

Also, while I was peeking at her gums, I noticed that she has tarter build-up. She will not let me brush her teeth. Is there any kind of bone or treat that's really good to control that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I won't be back on to check until after 9pm tonight.
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!