View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Myslaydee
Yorkie Talker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
Parti yorkies are NOT the YTCA nor any other standard in any other country for the Yorkshire breed. This color as well as chocolate and blond are color faults and, like in ALL breed standards,faults should NEVER be purposely bred for. The parti breeders will tell you that they are 100% yorkie and have been Dna tested, bla, bla, bla. But the ONLY thing that DNa will tell you is that the parents of the puppies are indeed, the parents of that puppy. It will not tell you that there are most likely a few mixed breedings to create the parti gene in yorkies. Papillon, perhaps. Long before there was DNa testing, required DNa testing and kennel inspections, there were(and still are) indiscriminant "breeders" that would register anything, even a mix, and register it with AkC as a purebred yorkie. It was extremely easy to breed in the parti gene that the Yorkie has never had. The AkC would never know about it. A few generations later, and sha-zam, we have parti breeders. Unfortunately, the damage to the Yorkie breed was done years ago and there is no way of going back to see what breeds were introduced and when or where. The AkC had no choice but to register these dogs. But they cant be shown in conformation which is for judging breeding stock only. Almost all reputable show/hobby/exhibitors NEVER have a parti born. Its only the indiscriminant breeders that perpetuate this color fault. And more than likely, its for the $$$$$$$. Look how much they ALL charge for a parti. Kinda like T-cups.
Look up the YTCA standard for the Yorkie. Read the history of the breed. You will see that the Yorkie is a tan dog with a bluish saddle. Remember, the YTCA sets the standard for the Yorkie, not the AKC.
As you will see, the parti breeders will tell you all about their own version of the history and where the parti gene came from.
Thank you but i would think there is more to a dog than just it being beautiful!!!! I mean now i understand its not a breed more of a mixed what that call a "mut"!! Not cool to me how desperate people are to make money thank you
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!