View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
irunnoft
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat View Post
My Suzi loves belly rubs too! I would try to give her a canned puppy food and see if she will eat it. She is a little one, so it is very important that she is eating regulary. You seem like a very caring human parent to her and watchful. Your little puppy is acting normal but, just is not eating right , I would continue to try other foods that she may like. If this is not working then please take her to a vet.
Thanks. The funny thing is that I didn't really want a Yorkie. I'm a German Shepherd kinda guy. I really just bought this puppy because my wife has always wanted one. The irony of the whole situation is that the puppy loves me best of all. In the beginning, she wouldn't allow herself to be apart from me if I was home. Now, she's warmed up alot to my wife (thank goodness) and son, but you can tell that I'm still "her human". I love this little gal and it would kill me to see anything happen to her. I've been vigilant to make sure she doesn't have access to anything that can hurt her. I've read up on all the dangerous foods, snacks, etc. She's so little that she looks to all of us to keep her safe. It's odd, but it's just like having a toddler in the house again. Instead of baby-proofing the rooms, we've puppy-proofed them.

But I digress . . . if she still isn't eating properly, I think a trip to the vet is in order. If for no other reason, it'll make me feel better! I also emailed the breeder I purchased her from, so I'll be armed with all the best advice I can get. The scary thing about puppies and dogs is that they can't speak and tell us what's the matter. We have to be watchful and alert. Up until yesterday, Minnie has been a total creature of habit. All of those habits seem to be in effect today, except she just hasn't eaten much. At least she's eaten a little.

So, I'll just keep and eye on her. Give her lots o' love and then get her to the vet if nothing improves.

Any danger signs or red flags to keep my eyes peeled for?
irunnoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!