View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
irunnoft
Yorkie Talker

Her gums look pink, so no worries there. She weighs about 4.5 pounds and she has been playful earlier this morning. She was acting, for all intents and purposes, normal yesterday. She likes to play bite and flop over on her back and let us rub her tummy, etc. She has already done her little happy dance that she does for me when I take her out of her cage today. However, she's just napping pretty much non-stop now from 8:00am til now. As I'm writing this, she's curled up under my chair.

She has eaten a Beneful snack today. I wanted her to at least have something in her tummy and I tried offering her a "treat". She responded when I opened the bag and came in to get the treat. She then took it back to her little bed and ate almost all of it. I've seen her drinking from her bowl twice already.

When she did move her bowels yesterday, it was normal. It was formed and not runny. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I think I'll try some different kibble. We were sent a different brand of kibble by another breeder. Minnie doesn't know this, but we're buying her a sister so she won't be lonely when my wife and I are at work and our son is at school. We hate having to close her up in a large bathroom, but we keep her food and water in there. She has plenty of room to move about. We can get her piddle pads down on the tile and it's better than caging her (which would be extremely sad and cruel). Anyhow, the breeder we will be buying the next puppy from sent us a bag of Flint River in advance. Maybe that will spark Minnie's interest. As of yet, we haven't fed her any people food because we didn't want to spoil her.

Last edited by irunnoft; 01-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
irunnoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!