View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
irunnoft
Yorkie Talker

Default Newbie concerned about Yorkie

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some sagely advice. I recently purchased a Yorkie for my wife. We have had Minnie for about 1 month now. She has regularly eaten Eukanuba Yorkie kibble. Right now, she's about 6 months old, but the breeder I purchased her from had been feeding her the adult formula. She usually would eat I guess about 1/2 cup a day? I'm not exactly sure. We just kept her food dish full for her.

Yesterday, I noticed that she didn't seem to eat at all. I know she drank some water, but I'm almost positive she didn't eat. She moved her bowels in the morning and then one more time throughout the day. Unless she snuck off and left a present somewhere else in the house, I don't believe she's gone since. I know I took her out for a walk three times last night. She only urinated.

This morning when I took her out, she didn't do either. Usually I'm the one who takes the puppy out in the morning. As long as I've been taking her out, she's always done both in fairly short order in the morning. This morning, nothing. She has urinated twice in the house since about 8am this morning. She's also had some water, but no food. She seems to be sleeping and just laying around, too. Now, that's not too unusual for her. Whenever we are around, she seems to like to curl up in somebody's lap and go to sleep.

We've never had a Yorkie before and I'd be beside myself with grief if something happened to Minnie. My wife and son adore her and she's actually adopted me to be her human - even though this puppy was a present for my wife! Go figure! So, should I be concerned? Well, obviously, I'm concerned or else I wouldn't be typing a thread on the forum. But, am I jumping at shadows? What could possibly be wrong? ANY advice or info would be greatly appreciated. In case this helps, we have a 10 year old son who we've been instructing to pick up his little toys, legos, etc. off the floor so the puppy doesn't chew on them. He's been pretty good about keeping his stuff up off of the living room floor. He's also kept his door to his room closed. She has found little bits of this and that to chew. Things like hair pins (I don't know where she gets them), bits of tape, etc. Usually I can tell when she's got something she shouldn't have because she runs and usually drops the "evidence" of her crime behind.

I'm just hoping that she will want to eat soon because that really concerns me.

Thanks in advance for all the advice.
irunnoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!