View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:22 AM   #11
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V View Post
Why do I even look in threads like this where I feel the need to defend myself? I am bipolar and if you haven't been through it, then please don't tell people to just "suck it up". No one knows what it's like unless you've been through it and it's very hurtful and potentially damaging to someone who has it.
Wow, that was incredibly defensive. No one said to suck it up. I said all those things are overdiagnosed, and they are. I do believe that *some* people have significant mental issues that do need addressed. I do not feel that most people need meds for them though. I dealt with debilitating anxiety and panic for years, and severe ppd to the point that I couldn't leave the house or ever be alone, until I was taught how manage it, and now I don't struggle with it at all, without any meds.
I lost 2 people that were the 2 closest people ever to me growing up, aside from my mother, because of pharmacuticals, just months apart from eachother.
I have a son with Kabuki Syndrome that is "autistic" that is not medicated that is the top reader in his class, and excels in everything he puts his mind to.
So yeah, I don't buy what big pharm is selling. Do we use antibiotics and ibuprofen? Sure, but I do try to manage otherwise first. I believe that both me and my son would not be nearly as successful as we are today if I would have chosen to do things differently.
Sometimes I find myself afraid of what this country is going to turn into when everyone is in a haze from all of the pills that are being put into them. Seems they have a pill for just about anything that might bother you anymore, with a list of side effects that far outweigh the benefits of the med.
It is truely amazing what God can heal in a person, and what He has put on this earth to help us naturally.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!