View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolcesMommy
Yeah Wyatt. I to have a little one. Dolce is only 10 weeks old. He is doing ok with housetraining. I know it will take a long time to get him completely trained. My question is how do you train the puppy to let you know he has to go outside? Sometimes Dolce will cry but that is it. We do live in a 3 story house and hecan walk up the stairs but he is still afraid to go down the stairs. Any tips would be great

It helps because I also have a 1 1/2 year old yorkie. So, he is also learning from her. But of course even with this breakthrough I know that there are still going to be plenty of accidents he is by no means completely housebroken yet. The only thing I can tell you is to just offer him plently of praise when he goes outside and does what he is suppose to do. Of course just take him out after a nap first thing in the mornings after he has been playing and a little while after he has eaten.

They really do catch on quick. But you still have to be patient with him. It will still take a while for them to completely catch on. I know this. Like I said before Wyatt is only 9 weeks old and I know there will be setbacks before he is completely housebroken.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!