View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindieRose View Post
I personally have my own feelings about that specific "religion". However, I believe americans are WAYYY too over medicated, especially children. I believe that way too many people are labled bi-polar and depressed, and way too many kids are labeled adhd and autistic. I believe big pharm has its own agenda, and its succeeding. And that has nothing to do with religion. Don't believe me? Just watch one of those depression commercials with that sad little ball thing. Or one of those "depression hurts" commercials. They make every single person who sees it think "thats ME!". They basically sell you their product right there on the spot.
But thats just a little bit of how I feel about it
I tend to agree. I think it is way over diagnosed and once on the meds they can't cope without them. I know there are some REAL cases out there and I am not saying that it is not a problem for some. But for others I think sometime they need to be told to suck it up and get over it.

we all have rough patches in our lives, but we don't turn to drugs. we deal with it because as children we had disappointments and learned to live with it.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!