Thread: Itching ears?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Rockdiva
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledaffodil View Post
My baby (Addie) is living with my parents right now, she has been there since June. Recently Addie started itching her ears raw. They took Addie to the vet and the vet couldn't find an ear infection but gave a perspiration just in case. She still is itching her ears, so the vet thought it was allergies. Same thing, gave her meds and nothing improved. They then asked the trainer what she thought and she said maybe Addie is bored so to buy her some chew toys to distract her, still she is itching her ears raw. She has eaten the same food her whole life and nothing else has changed.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? My parents hate to see these big scratch wounds around her ears
Did they check for eat mites? I would HOPE a vet would check that if there are itchy ears. I am finding that I am being surprised by what a lot of vets do (and don't do) though!

I work with a hollistic groomer and she uses an homemade mixture to clean dogs ears that does wonders for them! It cleans the ears very well, and also soothes any type of irritations. It is a mix of 45% apple cider vinegar, 45% witch hazel and 10% aloe juice (you can get that at health food stores). If the ears are really really raw, it may burn a little though. Might just try the aloe juice til it heals some the aloe will be good for that. This is all natural stuff, so it can't hurt!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!