Thread: Sick puppy
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Thanks for all the post the puppy has coccidiosis and is on albon at the moment. Yesterday was pretty bad she barely ate but today she seems to be doing better at least eating and drinking. Wanting to play as I took her out in the yard for a half hour or so to get some good sun light. She walked a little but mostly just rolled around in grass.

She had the runs for the last couple of days, today seems better now that the meds are kicking in I guess. I am just glad to see her want to eat and drink unlike yesterday.
I am very glad your little puppy is doing better. Definately check in with your vet about the runny stools and make sure it is the medication causing it. i would also think that she would be in some pain too. Did the vet give her anything for that?
Puppies do get worms often, so be sure she is taking her medication that she needs.
3 yr old little childern need to be supervised at all times with small puppies or any small animals. It is too easy for accidents to happen with the animal because little children will treat the animal like it is a toy.
I am very sorry that the accident occured, and hope your puppy will heal well and feel better .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!