View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
JiggityJig
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfla View Post
Be patient & be consistant. He may not realize that you are in this for the long haul.
That's what I keep thinking. I know Cesar Milan also says that dogs "live in the moment", blah blah...but I also wonder if in some way he does feel insecure or rejected b/c of the way his first family felt about him and treated him (they admit they just always yelled at him, etc).

I mean, I KNOW dogs don't have the same kinds of emotions we do , but you know what I mean! He is very uneasy when you try to look him in the eyes (unlike our girls, who will exchange deep "love gazes" with us all night! )

My mom was over last week and he kept creeping into her lap, but he just did it so apologetically, with his head hung down in dejection the whole time, like he was just waiting to get rejected. It broke my heart!

So I keep having "talks" with him where I tell him that his old family loved him enough to give him a new home when they couldn't spend much time with him, and that he is going to be with us forever, blah blah. YES I KNOW he can't understand me ....but I'm just hoping he picks up on the reassuring vibes!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!