View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Is there a treat that he gets on the days you're home? Maybe he's just using his food up faster while he's playing. Do you make sure he takes time out for a snack and rest a little when you're home? What about taking him for a walk...maybe that would burn off some of his energy in a more constructive way.

Does he have allergies? They can cause seizures too. I don't know what you feed Winston but there is a very good diet on that site for epi dogs...maybe give it a try and see if it makes a difference in him. Otherwise a visit to a neurologist might be in order.

Oh, instead of the nutrical try the Hagendaz vanilla ice cream like they suggest on the site...it works more efficiently in their system and doesn't give the high and low that nutrical does.
Winston's food is the only thing I have found that he will eat consistently...and that is Science Diet. We have tried others, but he'll skip meals...which he can't do. The last one was some prescription food that was suppose to keep his sugar at a more stable level...but he hated it. Unfortunately, I have thrown it away and do not remember the name...it was something I had never heard of before. He has also tried Natural Balance and Solid Gold. Home cooking is a thought, but I'm really not a nutritionist and I fear he will not get what he needs.
There is no way that ice cream will work, he is completely seizing, he has no control and is totally unable to eat any thing, then there's the risk of aspiration too. I have to open his mouth, insert my finger and rub NutriCal on the roof of his mouth...it's the only way. The ice cream could come later, after seizing, to stabilize the sugar level I suppose. But he almost always vomits afterwards and I have a hard time getting him to eat anything then.
I remember someone told me once to give Breyers All Natural ice cream after an episode...nope, he didn't want it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!