View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

It could be an allergy, or she could have gotten into something.

I don't want to scare you, but I sure wouldn't mess around with something like eyes.

A couple years ago I bathed my golden like normal, and that afternoon she started itching her eyes. That evening they became red and swollen. I gave her some benadryl and went to bed. I woke up at six am to find her eyes completely swollen shut and super irritated. I rushed her to the ER and they found she had severely burned her cornea (I think that was the anatomy that was burned). They described it as a chemical burn. She was in danger of loosing her eyesight and still has some slight damage. I still don't know what happened or what she got into. I used the same shampoo I always did and didn't wash her face, so we think it was something on her feet that she got into her eyes. Anyway, I felt absolutely horrible.

Enough about me. I would watch her closely and perhaps contact the ER vet in your area and see what they say. They may just have you give her some children's benadryl, but I would call... poor baby!!! Hope she's ok, please update when you find out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!