View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #4
Moses
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Smile

Are you leaving your baby in the crate all the time. I know we have to leave them there when we work and they sleep in them as well. They definaly should not be in the crate at all times. And I am not saying that you are doing this
I had to crate train and pen train my boy. I also had a pee pad in the pen but found this really didn't help with training. I kept the pen in my kitchen for over a year and the crate was attached to it. It is a large world out there and these little babies don't need roam of the whole house at this age.
If they are in the crate for to long they will potty in their as well. I would put them on a potty schedule. I think when my boy was little I did take him out every hour. It did work but it was very stressful. And I also took him out once at night until he was like 2. All of this helped me to succesfully potty train my boy.
Now that he is older and trained I take him out on a schedule. I take him out first thing in the morning. This is when he does his business and then when I get home from work. Then I take him out after about 30 mins after he eats dinner. Putting them on a feeding schedule will defiantly help with potty training.
Oh and now that my boy is trained I dont' even use the crate anymore.
Good Luck

Moses' Page Mommy lubs you very much!!
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!