View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Laura Hollingsw
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Cosidiosis... HELP....

Has anyone had this and how did you get rid of it? Besides the meds form vet...
I purchased a female Yorkie that had it. My vet did not want to treat my other dogs. Now my puppies have it ( well 1 was diagnosed with it so I just assume they all have it), So the mom would have had it. Which is not the female I purchased with it. So right now I am treating all my dogs and assuming they all have it. I have had to contact the new owners and tell them thay can't have there puppies until they are all clear. I will not let them go to new homes if they are sick. I have gone out and made sure all the poop is cleaned up outside. My vet said if it is below 0 degrees then it kills the parasite unless the poop is on ground level.I try to clean everything up but we have had alot of snow storms and I know I have missed some. I am worried in the spring they will just get reinfected. My vet also said disinfectants won't kill it. I am worried about the puppies. How can I keep tham as clean as possible. I try and clean up there poop evrytime I see it and if they walk in it I wash them off. I change the bedding everytime they poop. It is costing me a fortune in puppy pads.lol. I also clean the playpen they are in with disinfecting wipes and spray with lysol. I have plastic on the bottom then pottypads on one side and blanket on another. I am worried the puppies are just going to keep reinfecting each other.....
I wouls appreciate ANY help. I thought I got rid of this parasite...I guess it is really hard to get rid of....
Laura Hollingsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!