View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
MissPoufy
Yorkie Yakker

Default New to the Forum

Greetings all from not so warm North Central Florida! I am "mom" to our sweet little Yorkie, Punkin. We rescued Punkin from a puppy mill where she was being used as a breeder. She's four years old and has had four litters of puppies. The woman decided she was "used up" and put her up for sale on our local Craigslist. When we took her away she had just weaned her last puppy. We've had her now for a month and she is still adjusting. She jumps at every noise and is very skittish and shy, and spends most of her time in her crate. I think that's where she feels safe as she's spent all of her four years in a cage up until we got her. She has grown attached to me and loves to cuddle in bed with me and have her belly rubbed.

Punkin is my first Yorkie. We also have a Maremma and a "brown dog", both also adoptees. As I've read through your forum I've found out that the lady lied to us on several issues and didn't do things she should have done. She told us she was a "short-haired" Yorkie, but according to all I've read there's no such thing. I know she's had her rabies shot, but probably no other vaccines and the woman should have had her spayed, but that will be up to us at this point.

It's a learning experience, Yorkies are much different from other dogs we've had over the years so I'm sure I'll have lots to learn. Our biggest hurdle right now is housebreaking. She is crate broken (although she's had accidents in her crate and lays in it...ick), but we're working on the housebreaking. It's coming slowly.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and getting lots of advice and info on being a good Yorkie mom.
MissPoufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!