View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
kcook323
YT Addict

Default Question for the professional groomers in regards to ear trimming

Maximus was supposed to get his ears trimmed yesterday. We are new to professional grooming. I do try to comb him at least once or twice a day. The groomer I am/was going to use was in a car wreck before Christmas. She is slowly getting started again. I didn't have an appt because she said just to bring him in. It would only take about 5 minutes. So, when I called, she didn't answer the phone. I just figured she was in the middle of grooming. She never called me back. I had to go to town again today, so I swung by there, and she wasn't there again. Which is fine. I realize she is just getting back on her feet after her accident.

My question is, how hard is it to start grooming myself? In regards to ear trimming, is it fairly simple to do? My dh has a Wahl trimmer, what size attachment do you recommend using? I d/l the book in the groomers section (the sticky link) and I read this link, Jon-An's Yorkshire Terriers (How to train Yorkies ears to stand).

What supplies do I need to start grooming? I was reading here on YT and I am most definitely interested in a hands free blow dryer. Any other tricks and/or tips? Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!