View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #33
Charlies Mama
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansnickers View Post
We have created Snickers for the past 4 days and daily he has pooped or pee'd in his crate while we are at work. So sad! I think he is reverting to his petstore day or something (I know, BAD that I bought him from a petsore but I tell myself I saved him Yes, his crate is small. We made it smaller a few days ago hoping that would do it--no. So now, what I have decided. I have the next 4 days off, so I am going to set up the 2nd bathroom and have him in there while I am home for an hour here, and there. Then I will crate him at night. I am hoping this will be work, he will not feel as sad to be crated at night and not in our bed with us since he has been with me all day. Then on Tuesday when I got back to work, he will be in the bathroom and we will see. I'll put the pee pads in the front near door in case he hangs out there all day and has to go. I pray this will work for him so he does not need to be crated all day...I feel so guilty about the crate...

-Viv
I have posted about the guilt of crating him during the night since he's crated during the day. He has been sleeping with me but has had a couple of accidents in the BED. So last night i tried crating him and he cried for hrs. So I brought him to bed with me. woke up at 5AM to take him potty, ate, then woke up at 730AM to poo poo. I think this works for us because he gets to eat breakfast and use the bathroom before he gets crated. then as soon as i get home he uses the bathroom then gets to eat dinner. never had an accident in his crate. I suggest if he's good with you in bed, wake up in plenty of time to feed him his breakfast and use the bathroom (both poo and pee) then crate him. If I am short on time in the morning, I will just skip the meal and give him a little chew stick and a treat. Skipping a small meal once in awhile won't kill him! and NO it's not animal ABUSE!!!
Charlies Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!