View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #5
keylargolady100
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
Ouch - poor baby! you could use some Neosporin (antibiotic ointment) on it, that might help keep infection down and it's healing. if it does start to look infected though, I would let your vet check him out.

Good luck! I use a little beard trimmer for ear trimming most of the time.
I know exactly how you are feeling, a long time ago I had three chi's, while cutting a tie off one of the boys neck, the little girl (zena) who was always the kind that had to have her nose into everything, came running across the living room and got her head in the way just as the scissors snipped. Well no yip from her or anything, she just sat under the coffee table. All of a sudden I noticed blood coming from her mouth. Of course, it was the worse thing that could have ever happened. I accidentally cut of about a quarter of her tongue!!!!! It took 3 hours to stop the bleeding! I ran her to a er vet, who said she was ok, nothing they could do, and just ice it. The next day I took her to her reg vet who agreed!!! I was horrified, mortified, and so angry with myself. All the vet could do was laugh, because she knew how nosy Zena was. Well it ended up all was ok. Zena had a real long tongue to start with (lol) she healed fine, and had a litter of babies afterwards, and had absolutely no problem caring for the babies.
Ok long story, All I really wanted to say was don't beat yourself up over this, your little one will be ok, just use antibacterial cream on it and watch it for any redness, And maybe a few extra cuddles, and kisses will make him and you feel a little better.
Good luck with your baby
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!