Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
DreamsComeTrue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksmom View Post
Ive been taking my babies to the groomer about every 2 months since ive had them and weve always been happy. Well i recently blew out my knee so ive had the groomer bath them for me weekly. She has told me it "normal" for yorkies to be groomed weekly. I only pay 10$ a pup and she baths, trims, nails and anything that may turn up on them. is it normal or is she just wanting money. Could she be obsessive like me?
Yeah. I offered discounts to people if they would bring their dog in between haircuts for a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, etc. It worked well for people who's dogs always came in matted. It helped me out to have the dog in better condition when I groomed it, which saves the owner de-matting fees and also saves the dog a lot of discomfort. Some dogs needed regular treatments with medicated shampoos. There are many different reasons. I usually recommended every 2 weeks, though (but they weren't yorkies). There was a toy poodle with allergies that the owner wanted me to bathe weekly with a hypo-allergenic shampoo. Anyway, my point is it's not a big deal, unless you'd rather go longer.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!