Thread: Waking the baby
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Keely_momma
No Longer a Member

Quote:
I have tried giving her a treat when she thinks about going in but doesn't.

Okay, what do you do when you are training a yorkie to sit? (Or anything good that you WANT them to do).. Most people use treats as a reward. By giving her a treat when she is about to do something she isnt supposed to do, You are rewarding her for that bad behaviour. How do you expect her to know its bad if you didnt train her to know that it is bad? Correct her when she goes in the babys room. Make that area a "off limits" Area at all times. When she tries going in, correct the behaviour (Not by treats and not by "scolding" ().. Give her a simple "UH UH" And if she doesnt listen, Remove her from the area. If she tries to go back in, Repeat. Remember, consistancy is the key. When she is in an ignoring state after correcting her (Ignoring the babies room and going about her normal buisness) Give her a treat and tell her shes a good girl.

Quote:
I have tried scolding her.
Please do not scold her. She obviously doesnt know what she did wrog, just that she done something wrong. YOu have to teach her right from wrong. I dont think you should ever scold a dog. It is a useless practice. Ignoring a dog is a far worse punishment to them then "scolding" (Im sorry but i hate that word with a passion)

Quote:

Nothing seems to work. Shutting his door is not an option. Please help.
Use a baby gate if you dont have the time to train her properly or just dont want to

Last edited by Keely_momma; 01-15-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Keely_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!