View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
lemonlauren
YT Addict

I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard a couple places that you can feed a puppy 10% of his weight. Also, here's a projected growth chart, so you can guess what the final adult weight will be. All puppies grow differently though, so it's just a guess.

From what I've learned, I think you need to start this all very slowly. Feed just chicken, maybe even just chicken legs and breasts, for the first week. Then add in a new part of the chicken, and wait a week. Then a little liver. I don't think you're suppossed to do anything but chicken for at least the first month. The prey model diet takes some tweaking, and figuring out what agrees with your pup best, what he will/won't eat, and what makes poops the best (though there's suppossed to usually be a few days at least in the beginning where poops look bad because they're transitioning to a new food).

Check out this thread for lots more information - it's long, but worth reading. And be sure to look at all the links people post on there as well.

Good luck if this is what you decide to do! :-)

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!