View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
DarbyD53
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Wormed, Stomach Smaller, and a lot more

Ok brief recap.

Rory went into heat Oct 13th and stayed in heat until Oct 27. This heat was longer and messier than anyone before. So right after her heat cycle she got to where she wouldn't eat her dry food. Now human food was to blame for this and it took me almost till Christmas to realize that she was smarter than I was and she knew if she waited she'd get treats from the table. Also during this time I found out she had worms. We wormed her on Dec 12th and she began to eat wet dog food for about a week then quit and only wanted treats. Starting Dec 30th I took the advice of a lot of people on this board and I offered her dry food (little warm water mixed in) twice a day at 6:30am and 6:30pm, it took 3 days but she started to eat it and has ate it twice a day for 15 days now. It's been a huge success.

Oct 27th, Rory's weight was 9 pounds, by Dec 30th, from not eating and worms I would've guessed her weight had dropped to about 7 1/2-8 pounds. Her stomach had got a little flabby from not eating and the worms I assume.

Ok the good news is she has gained all her weight back as of today and a little more. I'd put her at 9 1/2 pounds (2 1/2 years old) and her stomach is back to normal size, maybe a tad bigger of coarse but it seems her like, I don't know the correct dog term but her last two tits (I've heard it called that the most so sorry if thats not a correct way, breasts just didnt sound right) buy anywho her, last two tits seem to be hanging quite a bit compaired to 2-3 weeks ago before she gained all the weight back.

So my question is, is this from her rapid weight gain? She's been eating 1 1/2 cups of food a day total, which I just realized is way too much for her I'm cutting it down to 1 cup which is 350 cals. She can't be pregnant, I dont think she did a false pregnacy because the heat cycle was over 70 days ago. When you touch it as she's standing up it just feels like fat sort of it's not a hard mass at all, just fatty like and it's only the last two that it's handing. When she lays on her back it like makes a crease down the middle like she's just fat.

Any comments or questions? I am going to cut back on her food because she was getting way too many cals.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by DarbyD53; 01-15-2009 at 07:25 AM.
DarbyD53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!