Thread: potty....
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferwelch View Post
all day today i have worked with him really well.. i have kept him in his crate with of cource his bed toys and all that stuff but the minute he barks i get him out take him outside and put him on his leash and tell him "go potty" then go back inside i watch him from the window and the minute i saw him go i took him a treat and told him "good boy" though he has only done this once today but he is doing better then what i thought he would do... then the minute we get back inside i put him back in his crate and he is learning to bark and let me know when he is ready to go out.. so hopefully this crate trainging will work.. cause i am def. not into the puppy-pads and apparently he isn't either... thanks for your help though!!!!
hmm sounds like you're doing pretty much the right thing! only other advice i can give... walk him on a leash outside, unless i mis-read you and you do do that. but i know w/ jackson, when i just let him outside... he won't go. i have to have him on a leash saying "go potty" for him to go.

jackson has only had 2 accidents in the house in the last 4 days and he's 13 weeks old. and he's begun barking to let me know when he has to go. this is basically what i've been doing with him:

7:30am-ish- he wakes me up, I take him directly outside, he pees and poops and gets treat and gets 20 mins playtime so he associates going potty outside with freedom.
8am-ish - while i'm on my college break & not working, we go back to sleep around 8am so he sleeps with me in my bed from 8am-9:30am-ish.
9:30am - take him back outside after our "nap" and he goes pee. i feed him his breakfast, food and water.

while i'm home & keeping my eye on him... he gets roam of my bedroom which has a baby gate in the doorway. when i leave the house, he stays in his x-pen with his bed & toys or in his crate. while i'm home, i take him out every hour approx.

5:30pm-ish - he usually gets his dinner and then outside again right after that.
10pm-ish - bed time! he has started sleeping in my bed for the past 2 weeks sleeps through the entire night until 7am, hasn't had one single accident on my bed, nudges me and licks my face at 7 to go potty!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!