View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
tinknpiper
Yorkie Yakker

Default First Heat Worries

My Yorkie Piper had her first heat last month. She was 10 months old. About 5-7 days after she started I had to board her because I was going out of town. I made sure to tell the boarding owner that she was in heat and to make sure that she was not around any dogs but my other dog(female, her mother). After their heat how long does it take for her boobs and her "gina" to go down? Does her gina ever go back to normal size? She was out of heat at the end of december and her boobs are still fairly large. Her gina is still a little swollen just not as big as it was before. I am worried because I am nervous that this boarding kennel did not take good care of them. I just moved to a new state so I do not know any boarding kennels and I was not impressed. My babies were covered in feces and I am worried that she might be pregnant. She is so little (4 lbs) that I want to know if she could be pregnant. I do not know if I am just over-reacting but if anyone knows anything please let me know. How long does it take for their bodies to go back to normal if they ever do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!