Thread: potty....
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
jenniferwelch
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
when he wakes up in the morning, pick him up out of his crate and don't let him touch the ground, and bring him directly outside and repeat a certain phrase everytime such as "go potty." never let him wander around in the morning, because every morning they usually definitely have to poop and pee.

consistency and schedule is the key! give them the same schedule basically every day and get them used to that. if you take them outside and they don't go, put them a pen or crate and keep them there for another ten-15 minutes and then try again!

all day today i have worked with him really well.. i have kept him in his crate with of cource his bed toys and all that stuff but the minute he barks i get him out take him outside and put him on his leash and tell him "go potty" then go back inside i watch him from the window and the minute i saw him go i took him a treat and told him "good boy" though he has only done this once today but he is doing better then what i thought he would do... then the minute we get back inside i put him back in his crate and he is learning to bark and let me know when he is ready to go out.. so hopefully this crate trainging will work.. cause i am def. not into the puppy-pads and apparently he isn't either... thanks for your help though!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!