View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #13
DukesMommy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
Not to be gross or anything but is there a way that your dog could be eating the cats poo? If the cats have them and they arent being treated then its likely the cats are eating the fleas and passing the larva in thier poo.
Does your dog groom your cats? He could be eating the fleas that way too. I find it a little hard to beleive that your dog is running around chasing fleas, they are very hard to see on animals let alone jumping from the carpets.
Have you tried using a flea spray made for carpets and furniture to help control the ones in your house, its not really expensive and you can get it at any pet store or even your vets. You can also buy a spray meant for cats that will help with the fleas on them if your parents cant afford the montly stuff. I will keep my fingers crossed that your parents start treating thier cats, they cant be very comfortable with all those pesty critters running all over them.
She grooms herself a lot so the vet was saying that because of that she could be getting them if they jump on her, not that she's actually chasing them in the house
But no, she doesn't groom the cats or get into their litter box.

But, borax got put on the carpets yesterday, and my mom actually did go get frontline for all the cats and put it on all of them. So hopefully within a few days they will be gone. I'm going to vaccum again today because last night I got bit by one.

After my mom saw what Lucie went through after taking the pill yesterday she felt bad for her because she kept throwing up and then had the "runs". So hopefully that was enough to make her treat the cats each month.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!