View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abock View Post
So, I went to petsmart today and bought the holder for the pee pads. She went on it no problem. Then, I took her out of the xpen to play. She played w/me & my daughter for a long time, then started jumping up & biting my daughter for no reason. I gave her a stern "no" and nonchalantly picked her up & put her in the xpen. I went back 10 min later to let her out, and she had pulled the pee pad out of the holder & shredded it! What an attitude she has! She is not a clingy dog around the house, so I think maybe it is not seperation anxiety..she is just protesting! I suppose the washable pads are my next option, but I hate all of this money I am spending for nothing. She also doesn't like any of the treats I have given her so far. I've tried chocolate dog chips, soft little chicken dog treats, peanut butter (she hates that!), cheese chips. I have some best buddy treats on the way (ordered online) but I am doubtful she will eat those.
My son spilled some cheerios on the ground & she ate those right up! Would those be OK? I need some reward treat to train this little girl! She seems to eat only very small pieces. She is 3 pounds.
She sounds so much like Joey, they are quite a handful the first year, but with patience and training you can get a wonderful companion. Joey was really fussy on treats, and I found that many Yorkietalkers use cheerio, as a treat. We would use the cheerio during the early grooming sessions and bath days, and also as a reward for going on the pee pad. I really didn't have much luck with regular pee pads, not just the chewing, and tearing, but he would only go once on and pad they were huge! I made some cloth ones and he really did so much better. We use the disposable ones when we visit.

Join today and remove this ad!