Thread: bad bad cough
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 03:03 PM   #28
Steve
Yorkie Yakker

Blondy 50, I just want to tell you about my experience with bad cough, because I know how you feel right now. My Yorkie -baby girl had a terrible cough all the time for 4-5 month, since the time I bough her. Very often cough was at night (non stop). I spend so much money for vet. Visits, medication, chest X-ray , CT scan, antibiotics and treatments. My poor little girl was taken a LOT of all different kind of antibiotics and cough medicine but nothing was helpful. I was sure that it was Collapsed Trachea before we did CT scan (found no Collapsed Trachea) but my baby was dying of that cough. Cough was getting worst she was in the hospital for 3 days, getting medications, IV therapy, some kind of treatment, she was not eating, not drinking just coughing and coughing …
I want to tell you that saved her life, because I’m sure this is a good advice for you maybe for somebody else too. One of the vet. Doctor told me this cure that’s really helped. Nebulizer with Gentamicin (liquid antibiotic for inhale) and Albuterol- bronchodilators. What I did is I found a empty plastic box (any grocery or other store or even at the garbage ) then I wrapped it with a clear wrapping paper (I could see my baby inside) and put it up side down to stay my baby inside (to make a small closed area) Then made a hole in plastic just to put in the end of nebulizador (for steam medication to go in) and I was giving this nebulizer treatment for 15-20 min twice a day for 10 days. On 3rd or 4th day my baby stopped coughing at all, but I continued giving her this treatment for 10 days (all together) . Believe me it works because I went through everything and this is really helped. I even bought nebulizer machine because it was cheaper then go to the vet twice a day for 10 days. You can ask your friends and borrow nebulizer machine for 10 days, I’m sure somebody should have it. Then you need to buy only Gentamicin antibiotic liquid it comes in syringe 2,5ml, but not for injections, for nebulizer-inhaler, so your baby will inhale it and it will come directly into his lungs. And Albuterol for nebulizer also. I remember I paid 20$ for 20 dozes of Gentamicin in vet clinic.
Blondy if you live in New York, I can give you my nebulizer machine to borrow and I even have few vials of Albuterol left I can give you. I also made a picture of box how it looked and my yorkie girl was inside getting treatment just for you to have an idea . I’m sure it will help. One of my friend had same problem with his dogs and he did exactly like I told him and it’s also helped him too. And also I remember that vet Doctor said that immunization for Kennel Cough not supposed to be given if the dog already have a cough at that time, even a little, because it will make the cough worst. I don’t know how about you, but this is exactly what was happened with us, I thought immunization will prevent, but my god was getting worst and worst after immunization because she already had a cough at that time.
O.K. Good luck to you and I wish your poor baby will get well soon!
http://foto.radikal.ru/0509/6a22eba02ca2.jpg
http://foto.radikal.ru/0509/cef9d29d981c.jpg
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!