View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvchewy View Post
My 6 month old has extra canine teeth too! I'm hoping the baby teeth fall out but if not, do they HAVE to be extracted? From what she lets me investigate, she has 2 adult ones growing in on the inside of the baby ones on the bottom. If it turns out the baby ones don't come out on their own, can I just leave them there?
If you just leave the extra teeth there, 2 things will happen: 1) the extra tooth makes an extra space that isn't normally there, so food sticks there and causes decay of both the permanent and the baby tooth that the food is in between, and 2) baby teeth aren't "built to last" sort of speak, so they will start decaying (rotting actually) because they aren't meant to be there forever.

Decay causes bad breath, PAIN, and can cause MUCH bigger problems because infection in the mouth can get directly into the blood stream. (For example, human patients who have had joint replacements, heart valve replacements, or other kinds of heart disease, have to be treated prophylactically with antibiotics before they can even have their teeth CLEANED because cleaning teeth can cause bacteria to get into the blood stream--through the gums I believe. It just doesn't seem possible to me, but it must be or it wouldn't be such a big deal!)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!