View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
sandy025
YT 500 Club Member

Default My Sweet Baby Girl Muffin

I thought I would only be posting under this section 10years later but I was wrong.

We lost Muffin on Saturday 10th Jan 09 due to a heart condition that we are not aware of ever since she was born! Muffin was a very sweet 8 months baby and a lapdog. She was active and greedy all the time.

On that day, she started having breathing difficulties and we checked her gums, it has turned blue and her tongue as well. We rushed her to the vet that we always see.

The vet thought it was food poisioning and gave her sedative to calm her to perform further checks. She vomitted a lot of blood. Vet told us to be mentally prepared. By then I've already collapsed with tears and sobbing uncontrollably. After which 15mins later, vet told us she is stable.

We went in to see her, her face was placed with oxygen mask and was breathing. I cried as the pain surged through me. I have never seen her like this before nor had she any history of such attacks.

Vet show us xray that she did, the blood test shows normal results for kidney and lungs. She said that her heart is too big for her and most probably she is born with an abnormal heart. Her lungs are filled with fluid....She said that if she survived this she would have to be on lifetime medication and special diet. With that, she told us to come back 2 hours later as she needs to give her injection every 1 hour (I am not sure what kind of injection that was) and we need to transfer her to be hospitalised for the night.

We came back two hours later. She came out and told me when they took out the oxygen mask, she vomitted a lot of blood again and she told us Muffin needs to be stable enough for us to bring her to the hospital as they do not provide overnight care.

She went back in. 5mins later, she came out and said - 'She died'.
Everything was a blur....my husband and I rushed in and there she was, lying there motionless with some blood on her mouth. My husband said that she waited for us before she go to Rainbow Bridge as he felt her heart and it went still abt a second after she saw us....

We love you very much Muffin. We will always miss you. You are the best baby yorkie that we could ever had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inthebag.jpg (102.4 KB, 133 views)
sandy025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!