View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Fancy_Pants
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracieanna View Post
I wouldn't get a dog who behaved that way at one year old. At least, not unless I was willing and able to put a lot of re-training effort into him/her. And it isn't just the time and effort, it's knowing what to do!

I am so sorry to hear your son is ill. If I had a child fighting cancer, I might choose a dog that would be less challenging since I would already have my hands full! Also, a dog that is already afraid of people wouldn't be ideal for small children while being "retrained" -- retraining often only goes so far. Some dogs have early experiences that are never completely forgotten.

That is my fear, "a lot of re-training effort". My son has a 2 yr chemotherapy treatment/radaition plan and I am so happy to say we only have ONE month left!!!!!! I do have 4 children all together and according to the owner she said the yorkie is wonderful & loves her 3 yr old son and 6 yr old daughter. The yorkie has never been mistreated and they have had her since birth (they owned the mother) she is just very attached to her current family but they are "down-sizing" their fur kids and she is one of their three that they chose to put up for adoption.
Here is her first email she sent me, she made her sound perfect

"She just turned one in Dec and she is already trained meaning house broken and potty trained. She will potty on the potty pads and go outside when she needs to, she will go to the door and let you know but if you will be gone if you leave a potty pad down she will use that. She knows a couple of tricks already. She looks exactly like a yorkie and will not shed. She has had all of her shots all up to one yrs old. She also gets treated for tick & flea and on heart guard. She is very small and will not get any bigger. Last she weighed 5lbs. She is very well with kids. Now she will bark at a stranger when they first come into the home because its her home but once they let her smell there hands and they pet her she will want to be petted more. She is very calm and loves to sit in your lap and be petted, and when you stop petting her she will paw at you to tell you not to stop. She does a lot of her own little cute things since she was a puppy. We really would love for her to go to a good home. The reason we are selling her is cause we have been traveling a lot and this coming summer we will be traveling and we have 3 pets and keeping them in the pet hotels get a little expensive, so we are trying to sell just 2 of our dogs and only keep one to make it easier. I have had her since she was born, the mom died after a week of having a c-section to have them. She gave birth to 4 pups and we sold 2 and kept 2 from the liter. I bottle fed them and was going to vet checks. The mom was a min pin and the dad was a yorkie. Mom was only 7lbs and dad was 4 lbs.
If you have any questions tat all or would like to come and see her please let me know. My home number is"
Fancy_Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!