View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
CarlyBaby
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt2008 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has litter trained their yorkie and how well it worked. I was thinking about doing that but I'm not really sure yet. I read some articles about doing that and it turned out good for other people. I live in Ohio and right now it's very cold outside and we have a lot of snow and my little yorkie, Mimi hates to go potty outside because it's so cold.
Hello there,

My last yorkie,"Tina" was litter trained and it was very convenient,however my current baby "Beatrice" is peepad trained and out of the 2 methods, I do prefer the peedpad.Here's why.You can take a peepad anywhere in your bag or purse,with your dog.So,if you are ever at someone's house and it's freezing out,you can just lay the pad down and your pup will peeor pooh on it.Also,you don't have the mess of the litter whern they jump out of the pan.I'd didn't know about peepads when I had my last yorkie.

Basically it's done the same way,you just bring the pup to the pad or litter when you know they have to go.Normally after the eat and/or drink or when they wake up.You'll get to know .....it's really that's being trained LOL
Anyway when you take your pup to the peepad or litter ,you just keep telling them to go pee pee,so they get to know those words.as soon as they do it for you,praise them,make a big fuss. It's as simple as that.But you must be patient.I remeber waiting for what seemed to be 10 minutes.When they wander off the pad or litter keep putting them back on it until they go,part of the reward is allowing them to leave the pad.

Hope this helps. P.S. you'll have to keep on them for along time,they'll still have accidents in unwanted places if you let your guard down.
CarlyBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!