Thread: Yorkie vs. Cat
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Cherry
YT Addict

Default Yorkie vs. Cat

So I have never dated someone with a cat... And I feared the day would come that I did. And while I would not want someone to take me away from my pup I would never ask that of someone with there pet.

I am now dating someone with a very large cat. However, I have been around her often enough to tell you she is so gentle. Her nails always clipped short. Even when purring or excited they come out I hardly feel them at all. You ask for kisses she rubs her mouth on yours and lays on you like a dog. I introduced my Diezel to her on 2 occasions. Both times were fine. They sniffed and just kind of studied each other. Diezel does not entertain other dogs let alone a cat so he just leaves her be as if she wasn't there. She however grew up with dogs and wants to be near him. She tried to promote some playing and Diezel barked. So she took a few minutes and came back flirted a little and then became submissive and layed on her back looking up at him. Again he barked not having a clue what she was doing. The remainder of the time they are near each other by not really.. still just kind of checking each other out.

My question is how often should they be around each other before it may be safe to leave them alone? Its unfair to stay at one home more then the other and to divide the time is not that easy.

Thanks for any advice... I finally stopped being so crazy and broke my no dating a cat person rule but I do not want him to get hurt either.

Any help would be great
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!