View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesMama View Post
I have an astigmatism (sp?) and that interferes with my night driving a little due to how the light hits my eyes ( or something like that) But the eye doctor said I didn't need glasses for everyday use , just for driving at night, if I feel I need them.

I also wanted to add during the eye test when the doctor is saying "Better one , Better two" over and over again ...don't get nervous and just say a number ( like I did the first time) I ended up with the wrong prescription and had to do it again , so take your time and really see what is clearer
I have an astigamatism (sp) as well. I discovered just how bad it was when I was in the Police Academy on the firing range. Needless to day I couldn't hit the target . After a visit to the eye doctor and glasses, I passed the firing range test with flying colors. I now wear progressive bifocles and find that I can really "see" at any distance both day and night.

Don't be afraid, like everyone else has said, the eye test is pain free. I used to think that if one number didn't look any different than a second, that there was something wrong with me, but that isn't the case. The doctor is just doing a very careful evaluation of your vision and is trying to get the whole picture.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!