View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jenny_ View Post
Okay...I've got an update now. I was super lucky today to find someone in my LOCAL newspaper who has an 8 week old female. 4 of them actually!! One is sold, so I now have 3 to choose from.

It's a little more than I can afford, but she went down $50 for me : )

So I'm going tomorrow after work to pick out my new baby!

This woman is NOT a breeder, she said that the puppies were "unplanned/surprise". She had both the mom and dad at her place, they both looked very healthy. She said she's getting them all their shots tomorrow and she'll have there AKC papers in a few days also.

So.... Hopefully these puppies are all healthy cause I'm almost 100% I'll be getting her tomorrow evening.

If anyone has any advise as to what kind of questions I should ask the owner or help on WHICH puppy of the litter I should choose. I'd appreciate it!! I'm going to search the web and this site for now though.

-Jen
Funny that woman says she is not a breeder! She has a litter of pups, so she is a breeder, otherwise she would have had the parents spayed/neutered before the "accident" could happen.
These are a couple of questions to ask:
Do you have a health guarantee?
What do you guarantee for?
How long does the guarantee last?
Are the parents/pups AKC registered?
Have the parents been tested for liver shunts, legge perthes, luxating patellas, over/under bites, collapsing trachea?
These are important questions to ask!!! You want a healthy puppy and a breeder that will back her puppies up when health problems arise.
If she does not know what any of these health issue are or has no guarantee, I would not buy a puppy from her.
Best of luck!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!