View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #34
emilyann
Lovin' My LilBug!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Lol, you brought me down to earth, could you tell us why you don't like doing them, is it measuring and cutting the fringe, and/or just tying them that you hate? The tying part looks like fun. But I always think that about something, and then can't wait to get it over with.
The measuring is nothing, you just make sure you're 5 or 6 inches into the blanket then cut, you go all the way around all the edges and cut into it 5 or 6 inches about 1 inch apart. You also cut out a square from each corner that is either 5 x 5 or 6 x 6. Tying the fringe is a BEEP, I thought they were going to be very simple and thought with how simple "I THOUGHT" they were going to be that I could sell them and make a good profit. NO WAY JOSE. I couldn't even get through one side of the blanket and my fingers were already cramping and sore as all get out. I made a bigger one for my boyfriend's step mom and then I made a smaller one for Lilly. MAJOR PAIN. You may be fine with it though, everyone's different!

Oh and they will take some time at first, my boyfriend helped me cut and tie the fringes on the one we made for his step mom and it took us a few hours to finish.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!