View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am so sorry you are having to go thru this scarey ordeal, and I hope for the best for you and little Princeton. You did the right thing by getting him in to a vet promptly, and hopefully they will have answers for you soon.

There are many of us on YorkieTalk (including me) who have a liver challenged dog. Some have shunts that have been repaired, others have MVD (microvascular dysplasia) with or without symptoms, and are being medically managed with special diet and supplements.

Most of the previous threads about this are in the YT sections of Sick and Injured, or in Health and Diet. If you want to become generally familiar with these illnesses, you can do a search there. However, since your dog is now in good hands, and is presently going thru the diagnosis process, you might want to try to just wait a little bit until the tests are complete. At that time, please post here with results, and the very knowledgeable YT members will jump in and give you lots of support and help. Also, if you post in the sick & injured section, your thread will get more attention (it may get lost in this very busy General discussion section).

Good luck, and be sure to update soon. Sending you hugs as you wait!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!