View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
iluvmister
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default herbs/vitamins

Well I googled herbs and vitamins and came across quite a few submissions from vets on herbs, like echinacea and goldenseal in extreme cases (goldenseal is for respiratory infection but can only be taken two weeks). In their suggestion for weight and size, i came up with my own "recipe" for my six pound yorkie mix (for herbs, about an eighth to a 1/4 of a tsp daily)...

i normally sprinkle about 1/4 of a tsp. of astragalus on one of his daily meals.

When Mister is sick -- i put about an eighth or tenth of a cup of water, mix in two ester c's 1,000 mg, two vitamin B complex, two echinacea caps. I let the mixture sit a few hours until totally dissolved (heat kills vitamins). Then i put about two or three cc's from a baby dropper twice in his mouth (he doesn't like it) once a day.

Otherwise, just on a weekly basis, I give him just the vitamin c, vitamin b and astragalus a few times a week. I give him his regular senior doggy vitamin daily, I break it up into his food (which, because he's so picky, he get a different meal everyday LOL!

Well that's pretty much the regiment he's been on for years now. Hope this helps. I also buy astragalus powder bulk from Clark's health food store in Loma Linda, California. Maybe you can call and order the bag, it's only $5.00 and it will last you for a year!
iluvmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!