View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
bwitko
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default toys and grooming

Hello, I'm Belinda and I'm new to the [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Yorkie[/COLOR][/COLOR] community. My Yorkie is 3 years old and his name is Tiki. So far he is a [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]good [COLOR=green! important]dog[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/l...rey_loader.gif
but he destroys every toy that I buy him. The only thing that last are the rubber rings or the one called Kong. I would love for him to have a [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]stuffed [COLOR=green! important]toy[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] but I can't because he rips them apart within minutes of getting them. Is this a common behavior?

Another thing, when I occasionally leave him overnight at [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Pet[/COLOR][/COLOR] Smart Hotel he just goes crazy when I pick him up. They tried him in their doggy play hour and he apparently did not do well so when I leave him he has to get the individual play time and not with the group.

I work during the day but my husband is currently unemployed so Tiki is not alone during the day. I started training classes for him but did not complete them due to a scheduling conflict. I want to try again but wonder if he is too old.

Another issue -- the last time he was groomed, he starting biting at the groomer when she was clipping around eyes and ears so she couldn't do his ears. Tiki will stay put for my husband to clip him but he doesn't do as professional job as I'd like. Should I try another groomer?
bwitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!