View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
In regards to your first post - many of us "oldies but goodies" here at YT don't respond in the Sick & Injured area unless we have something of value to contribute. It helps keep the threads from getting bogged down and helps the op to find answers.

I guess I have extraordinarily healthy dogs. They rarely have issues that require medical attention except for annual vaccinations and and visits for the pregnant mommies and babies.

I can sympathize with you about the recurring ear infections. My skin kids had them we determined that it was due to allergies in the area we lived in (Michigan) so we moved to New Mexico where the allergies went away and we had healthy kids again.

You might want to look for the reasons behind the health problems rather than just treat symptoms. Does your dog have seasonal allergies? does he have food allergies? environmental allergies? etc. Perhaps he is not getting over one ear infection before he is getting another. A series of sessions with a highly qualifed vet, experienced with yorkies might be needed to find the problem.

I just re-read your op. If your present vet cannot uncover the problem, you might need to find a new one that will be more open minded about looking for a cause rather than just treating symptoms.
We have never had many medical problems with Toto either. We do have a wonderful vet who would refer her to someone else if he didn't feel he was qualified to diagnose and treat. If I were you, I would seek another opinion. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!