View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
_Jenny_
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default HELP!! Breeder in Delhi, IA: Sands Enterprises

Hello!

I did a search for this breeder on a few different search engines and on this forum and did not come up with anything.

Sands Enterprises

I've been looking for an 8-week old female Yorkie for a long time now. And finally today I found one in my price range. I'll have to drive 2.5 hours away (I'm near Chicago), but I don't care at all about that.

I've never owned a dog before so of course I've never had to deal with breeders and I don't know much more than what I've read on here to know if this breeder is okay or not.

There's only a couple things, and maybe I'm just TOO cautious and I'm worrying too much...but there's a couple things about this breeder that worry me.

1) Their website. I know dog breeders aren't all web designers, but the overall quality of this site is pretty bad. I guess I just expect a breeder to be very professional so I just assume their website would reflect that.

And 2) I called and spoke with the breeder tonight, and besides her very un-friendly monotone voice (that's probably not a big deal either, but it really turned me off and also seemed unprofessional). The first thing I asked her was if she had any Yorkie pups still available and she said "You have to look at my website and if any of the dogs do not say SOLD then they are still available". Her saying that worried me too. It worries me because I know that if I were a breeder I would be taking care of all the pups daily, and if I were doing that I would know exactly how many I had for sale and which ones were already sold or 'pending'. So to me, if she doesn't know off hand how many she has that are not sold, maybe she is not spending much time caring for them???

Like I said, maybe I'm just being a worry wart. But I want to be safe, especially with the distance I will be driving.

So...has anyone dealt with or even heard of this breeder before? Is there another way I can check into this breeder?

Any help, any advise, or comments are GREATLY appreciated. I was planning on going first thing in the morning, but I'm going to wait until this weekend now in hope that I'll get some help from you all. Thanks so much!

-Jen
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!