View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

That's very sad.

At the same time, I get a little bit concerned that vets are all considered "money hungry". Yes, some of them are but most of them would never want to hurt an animal. They wouldn't go to school for eight years and go tens of thousands of dollars into debt if they didn't care. Over vaccination, ingredients in pet foods and certain medications and pesticides are a big problem but there is no way around some of it. Very little nutrition is taught in vet school. Vaccine protocols are still being researched and I'm sure under vaccinating is a very scary thought to vets. Flea medications are very toxic but natural remedies just do not work as well or end up causing harm also (like tea tree oil in cats and small dogs and garlic). I hate the thought of using anything for fleas on Ellie, so I usually don't. A few weeks ago I had no choice and we aren't going to live in a flea infested house. So sometimes there is just no way around these things.

Fipronil is a Group C carcinogen and I agree that it is very sad that this stuff has to be used.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!