View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyBaby View Post
You know I remember that we gave her a greenie back in the summer and she loved it,but that night she had diareah.
Well thanks , it's so nice to hear from someone that has experienced the same thing with their puppy.This is the great thing about YT.
What about probiotics ? Did the vet suggest these ? Back in the summer Beatrice had a skin infection and was prescribe an antibiotic.After finishing the meds and the infection was cleared up,she had soft poop ,for what seemed like months. Then she broke her leg and when she went in for surgery we told the vets about her continuous soft pop ,he put her on a probiotic and within a few days it cleared up.Do you think that the anti-biotics could cause the IBD ?
Greenies were a BIG trigger for TJ. It was like *crack* for him, he went nuts for it, but I quickly learned it would *add* to his GI issues. So into the garbage they went

Yes I do think she should go back on Probiotics. As a matter of fact, I just started (again) both TJ and Roxy on the human kind Super 8 Probiotics by the company Flora. They get about 1/4 of the capsule sprinkled daily into their food. This should help with a lot of issues, both skin and GI
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!