View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyBaby View Post
Beatrice had a bowel movement at about 4:30 am , about 1/3 of it was hard and normal looking and the rest was kind of golden in color and very mucousy,there was some red stuff in the mucous,I think it may have been blood.She seems fine today,we're just giving her rice for today.
It does sound like IBD I've been reading about it online,we've taken away her rawhide,and we'll just keep her on just her kibble,and some rice.She has an appointment on January 27th for xrays on her leg that she broke back in September so we'll talk to the vet about it then,as long as she stays good until then,if not we'll bring her in sooner.
Rawhide and Greenies (IMO) are pretty dangerous as that are not 100% digestible, so I wouldn't give her any of those.

The only chew treat I trust is Bully Sticks, but I wouldn't give her them now either, at least until you have a good amount of time that is 'episode free'. As this may be the cause or the trigger.

Yes, that is how TJ was. All that noise, I thought he had a monster in his tummy. He wouldn't eat, just wanted to be held or sleep. Then he would poop about and inch or two of normal looking poop, then just globs of orange mucus. Once that was out of him, he was fine and starving....

Definitely talk with the Vet. And do a complete blood panel. TJ's folate levels were high, Vet said bacteria overgrowth which is a form of IBD. After about 1 year of trials and errors, the final med that helped TJ was Tylan Powder. TJ is now 4 years old and hasn't had the episodes since he was 1.5 yrs old

Keep us posted.

Last edited by TLC; 01-10-2009 at 02:01 PM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!