View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Response from Blue Buffalo regarding lifesource bits...

I emailed Blue Buffalo to find out how much of the dry kibble I should feed my furbaby and to inquire about the lifesource bits. I told them that my Yorkie and several of the ones on this site pick them out. The following is their response:

About 1/4 - 1/2 for dogs under 10 pounds.

Also, regarding the lifesource bits…sometimes this can happen because the bits do give off a slightly different taste and they are a bit harder. Different textures and tastes can sometime throw off the animal. However, when this happens, it is just a matter of time before they get used to it. You can try adding some moist food to the dry and mixing it in to mask the bits until they get used to them or you can try sprinkling warm water on the food. This will bring out the natural flavors and aromas and make it more appealing to them. Your dog will still be benefiting from the food. The life source bits are an important part of the food, giving them all the nutrients needed. By eating only the kibble, they will still be getting nutrients from what is left after the cooking process, only it will be like eating any other premium food. However, BLUE has high quality ingredients that you do not always find in other foods; regardless of the potency of the vitamins. All our formulas have the bits.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Best regards,

The blue buffalo company
Princes mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!